Emergency Frozen Pipe Repair For Grand County ColoradoFrozen pipe damage is a common problem in homes in the Grand county area. Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating can repair your leaking and broken pipes quickly and permanently.
WARNING: If your pipes are frozen, DO NOT use an open flame to heat the pipe. This can damage your homes plumbing and is a fire hazard.
It is best to heat the room and allow the pipes gradually thaw. If your pipes are damaged and leaking, call Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating right away. Our highly trained plumbers are can repair your home's pipes quickly, whether you have PVC, PEX, or copper piping.
Frozen Pipes – Preventing & Treating Frozen PipesFrozen pipes are common occurrence during sub-zero weather in Colorado. Here are a few quick and easy things that you can do to help winterize your home:
- Insulate hot and cold pipes that are located in unheated areas in your home.
- Open cabinet doors in the kitchen and bathrooms to allow pipes behind walls and under floors to get additional heat from inside your house.
- Disconnect and drain hoses from outside faucets and turn them off if they have their own shutoff valve.
- When temperatures dip way below freezing, temporarily turn on a faucet located furthest from your water meter to a slow and steady drip - this will keep water moving and make it less likely to freeze in your pipes.
- Know where your main water shut off valve is located and how to turn it off. If a pipe bursts inside your home, this valve will turn the water off. Be sure to share this information with other members of your household. If you need help locating your main water shut off valve call Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating. We’re here to help!
Contact us to hear about some great products that we off to help avoid damage caused by leaks!