Well Water Storage Systems Grand LakeYour well pump moves water from the ground into your home. In many installations the pump is connected to a storage tank or water storage bladder. Storage tanks help even the water pressure being sent throughout your home. As you use water, the pressure in the tank drops. The pump only runs to refill the tank with water and bring the pressure back up.
There are a number of things that can go wrong with a water storage tank. The most common is waterlogging. A tank is waterlogged if it is completely filled with water or has too much water to function correctly. A waterlogged tank can lead to the following problems:
- The pump motor cycles (turns on and off) too often.
- Bad taste and odor of water.
- Tank failure. The inside walls of the tank can corrode and weaken.
- Sediment can coat the surface of a tank causing it to harden and become less flexible.
- Sediments can plug the fill or draw line preventing the tank from filling and emptying normally.
- High levels of chlorine can damage the bladder causing it to become brittle and less flexible.