Installation Field Supervisor Position
Whether you enjoy skiing, snowmobiling, fishing, or hiking, Grand County is your opportunity for adventure.
Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating Company is a family-owned company that has been in continuous operation in the same location for over 100 years! We’ve been serving the plumbing and heating needs of Grand County since 1920.
Today, Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating is a leader in the community offering: plumbing and heating services, water treatment, well water systems and drain services. Our passion is caring for our community, team members and clients.
We are proud to have been voted “Best Plumbing Company” in Grand County for over 10 years.
The Big Task
Drives scope, development and execution of Install Process and jobs. Bring out the best in our Technicians and Apprentices and grow the team and their skill sets to better support the community. Facilitate training and coaching of our Install Technicians & Apprentices to develop plumbing and HVAC technical skills, customer service excellence, and optimizing service calls.
Key Sub Tasks
- Conduct ongoing training with Technicians and Apprentices to develop their service skills.
- Work with the Install Coordinator to make sure the right technician is assigned the right job.
- Conduct ride-alongs with technicians and debrief with them afterward.
- Bring more energy than you take, because you will set the tone every day for the entire department.
- Training to enhance Customer Service Process to ensure a 5-star experience for every customer.
- Coaching Technician behavior to achieve department goals.
- Perform install jobs with Apprentices to further their skill and career growth
- Maintaining and developing technical competencies with Technicians and Apprentices
- Be an ambassador of company culture and our core values
- Training to and above industry standards, applicable codes and company quality expectations.
- Executing warranties, call-backs and technical loose ends.
- Ongoing competency training and sign-off of Apprentice skill sets
- Performing quality checks to ensure that standards are being met and exceeded.
- Assisting Technicians when needed to ensure timely completion of work.
- Execute the Install System Explore Step with the technician to ensure that Grand Lake Plumbing and our customer’s expectations are clear from the outset and the Technician is set-up for success.
- Act as liaison between Install Coordinator, office, Sales and field staff
- Adapting to scope changes and updating the pricing.
- Anticipate the stages of a job to help guide the progress through to a 5-star experience for the customer.
- Plan job layout, materials and communicate the scope to the team and customer.
- Follow up with customers to confirm that their expectations have been met.
Install System Process
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally, you should have prior experience as a technician and possess the ability to inspire both personal and professional growth in our team members.
- Be an effective communicator who can utilize different communication styles.
- Understand the “Big Picture” and not just know how to do something but also why.
- Ability to provide unparalleled customer satisfaction.
- Ability to drive team performance to achieve all business goals and objectives.
- Be detail oriented and a highly organized multi-tasker with good presentation skills and the ability to convey confident and decisive messages in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment.
- Be proficient using a computer and company supplied software applications.
What We Offer
- A family. This is the first on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team, and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating.
- Competitive salary
- Uncapped earning potential
- Ongoing training programs
- Up to 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 additional public holidays off a year
- Health Insurance
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Incentive bonuses above hourly rate
- Paid company uniforms
- Housing options available
- Fully Stocked company vehicle for qualifying positions
- Option to dispatch from Home
- New technology, including Phone, Tablet & access to integrated software.
- State of the art tools, parts and supplies.
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company.