Winter is here in the Colorado mountains! If you haven't done so already, call us to schedule your heating system tune-up. Keeping your furnace maintained will keep it running longer while helping it operate more efficiently. To keep your home warm and safe on your heating bill, here are a few tips:
<br /><br />
- Replace your furnace filter. If it's been in use for more than a month, replace it.
- Turn down your thermostat to 68 degrees. For every degree you lower your heat in the 60-degree to 70-degree range, you'll save up to 5 percent on heating costs.
- Program your thermostat. If you're on a regular schedule, set your thermostat to turn the temperature down when you're not at home.
- Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans to direct the warm air downward towards the living space.
- Check your smoke and CO detectors. Replace the batteries as needed.
- Ensure that air ducts are not covered or restricted by rugs or furniture.
- Seal air leaks around windows and doors.
- Keep your fireplace damper closed unless a fire is burning.
If you have problems with your heating system, give us a call anytime.