Installation Coordinator Position
Join our family and come work, play and live in the beautiful Colorado Rockies!
Whether you enjoy skiing, snowmobiling, fishing or hiking, Grand County is your opportunity for adventure.
Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating Company is a family owned company that has been in continuous operation for over 100 years! We’ve been serving the plumbing and heating needs of Grand County since Gus Spitzmiller, a traveling plumber, homesteaded in the Grand Lake area around 1906.
His son, Gordon Spitzmiller, carried on the business upon Gus’s retirement. Frank Appelhans came to work for Gordon in 1973. Frank took over sole ownership upon Gordon’s passing in 1990. Travis and Melissa Appelhans continue to carry on the Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating tradition.
Today, Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating is a leader in the community offering: plumbing and heating services, water treatment, well water systems and drain services. Our passion is caring for our community, team members and clients.
We are proud to have been voted best plumbing company in Grand County for over 10 years.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training programs
- Up to 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 additional public holidays off a year
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Incentive bonuses above flat rate
- Paid company uniforms
- Paid Tools Account
- Housing options available
- Company vehicle for qualifying positions
- $2500 sign on bonus for licensed journeyman plumber or NATE certified heat tech
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions of the Install Department are to serve the customers of the company by installing heating and plumbing systems, well pumps or component replacement with an emphasis on quality and efficiency in which all applicable local and national codes are followed. The Install Coordinator schedules and dispatches installation jobs and prepares the installers so they can accomplish the highest quality installations, every time.
The Install Coordinator supports and coordinates these essential functions by the following:
- Working closely with the Systems Advisor, Lead Installer and Installation Manager, you will help the team complete jobs on time and under budget, helping achieve the company’s financial goals.
- Ensure that materials and resources are accurate and available to maximize the installer’s efficiency.
- Assure all checklists, material lists and drawings are complete.
- Professionally answering the phone in a polite, friendly manner.
- Calling customers to schedule equipment installations and collecting deposits.
- Know how to establish customer rapport to ensure highest levels of satisfaction.
- Material procurement: assure all equipment is ordered and ready for each job, adhering to checklists, material lists, and quotes.
- Schedule sub-contractors, equipment rentals and locates.
- Assure and support the install crews to have necessary tools, equipment and materials for every install. This may require part runs.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, which include building permits, well pump registrations, and equipment warranties.
- Update customer history, close invoices, progress bill and change orders
- Assist Install Manager with job costing and tracking materials.
- Attend weekly morning installation meetings and/or staff meetings.
- Attend company or vendor training as required.
- Exhibit professional conduct at all times, whether in the office, at the job site or driving company vehicles.
- Take the necessary precautions and steps to create a safe work environment for all workers and the customer.
- Be dependable, punctual and arrive at work with a positive attitude.
- Celebrate and share both your own and your team’s successes!
- Arrive each day with a clean and professional appearance and be ready to work.
- Take responsibility appropriate for the position and the pay.
- Respect company property and wash and maintain company provided trucks as necessary to maintain a clean professional appearance.
- Accurately account for materials used.
- Accurately record daily timesheets and turn in daily.
- Report safety, quality or employee concerns in a timely manner.
- Do not steal, this includes scrap material.
- Be accountable to your position and the results from your work.
- Complete work in time allotted or timely communicate the reasons work cannot be completed in the time frame allotted as well as the time and resource required to complete the work.
- Do not smoke in the office or on the customer’s property or take frequent “smoke breaks.”
- Invest in yourself and your education.
- Respect our customer’s homes and their environments.
- Do good work…The kind of work a consumer will immediately recognize as good quality, craftsmanship or professionalism.
- Give great customer service.
- Communicate with your peers, supervisor and management.
- Being flexible and understanding schedule changes due to customer needs, emergencies or staffing needs.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. Developing a strong working relationship with co-workers, installers and technicians is required to get the job done correctly and in the best interest of our customers. Listed below is a representation of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements.
- Good understanding of all aspects of the installation and new construction departments.
- Good understanding of key performance indicators established by the company.
- Must have pleasant demeanor and be able to demonstrate great customer service skills.
- Multitasker who enjoys working with diverse teams on varied projects.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Must be consistent, accurate and reliable.
- Must be able to communicate and work well with people.
- Passionate about Grand Lake Plumbing and Heating and believe in company goals.
- Outgoing personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, flexible and great attitude on life.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Required: A high school diploma or equivalent with college level coursework desired.
Experience with QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word are preferred.
Must be able to read and write English well enough to read and review invoices, scopes of work, and policies. Must be able to communicate professionally with clear and legible writing.
Must be able to successfully complete mathematical aptitude evaluation.
Must be capable of applying sound business judgment to all decisions.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly requires sitting, walking, bending, and lifting for prolonged periods of time.
The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands feet and fingers to handle or feel objects, use tools and equipment, and must be capable of bending, reaching, and crouching.
Must have command of all five senses sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical place of employment will be at 12208 US Highway 34, Grand Lake, Colorado. The area covered is rural and you will encounter winter driving conditions on mountain roads and passes. On occasion, you will be required to report to work in other areas of the region. If an overnight stay is required in a location other than Grand Lake, expenses will be covered by the company.
This position may require working outside of the office either indoors and outdoors in various climate conditions ranging from very cold with snow to dry summer conditions. This includes attics, crawl spaces, and confined locations. The employee may be called upon to work in customer or service production environments on an as-needed basis. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.
Typical work week is eight (8) to ten (10) hour workdays, five (5) days per week, but is subject to change based on the needs of the customers.
This position can, at times, deal with a large amount of information and is “fast paced.” Installations are allotted a certain amount of time to complete. These times can be determined by the Lead Installer, the Systems Advisor or the Installation Manager. Supporting the jobs in the time frame allotted requires a willingness to learn and take direction, good organizational, good communication and coordination skills. Effectively accomplishing all of the above makes for a successful and profitable project. Weakness in these areas can make the pace feel “fast” and stressful. GLP works hard through training and communication to support this position in being strong in each of these skillsets.