Plumbing Service Technician PositionGrand Lake Plumbing and Heating has been serving Grand County for almost 100 years! Our staff of dedicated customer service representatives, technicians, and management support are here to provide our customers with excellent customer service.
We keep on growing because we only hire the best, and our customers love us for it. You’ve probably seen our trucks and our ads. What you don’t know is what it’s like to be a part of a team like this. How much you feel appreciated when you don’t cut corners. How much we inspire ongoing training and education. How much you can earn when you truly are the best. People often come to us looking for work, they stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow, and opportunities to excel.
We are looking for Journeymen and Apprentice plumbers and Heat technicians who would love to live in an incredibly beautiful mountain town and work for a long time company that has a family atmosphere and an impeccable reputation for craftsmanship. We have immediate jobs available in residential construction and service and repair work, hot water heat, and\or radiant floor systems. We offer full-time year round employment with an excellent pay and benefits package including medical insurance, paid vacations and holidays.
Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating can be counted on for all of your plumbing installation, repair and replacement needs. Whether it is a clogged drain, well water system, a leaking faucet or a new water heater in Routt, Grand or Jackson County, there’s only one call to make; Grand Lake Heating & Plumbing. All heating repairs, services and installations are performed by certified technicians that meet the highest industry standards.
The Service Technician delivers exceptional customer service and educates their customer with technical and investment decisions by providing them with multiple options and solutions while making service calls in our customer’s homes. Services include all plumbing systems, water well systems, hydronic and forced air heating systems and sewer systems. The Service Technician will assist Grand Lake’s Replacement specialist and installation crew by educating their customer on when it is in their customer’s best interest to replace their equipment versus repairing it.
The essential function of the service technician is to provide general plumbing and heating and drain cleaning services and repairs. This position handles service calls to customers in their homes and utilizes company provided service training to educate and assist customers in choosing the service products. Specifics include the following:
- Assist with the installation and repair of boilers, water heaters, well pumps and furnaces.
- Provide customer service outside of standard business hours of operation.
- Exceed the customer’s expectation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This individual must be willing to pursue, develop and participate in continuing education. The Service Technician must meet or exceed shop minimums set for the Dot Program or its equivalent. Specifics required to be successful in this position are:
- Must know local Mechanical codes and be able to apply them in a practical manner on each job. Must be able to work with inspectors, suppliers and co-worker technicians to ensure efficient and proper repair or installation while abiding by all codes. Must be able to draw simple diagrams and be able to read wiring and piping diagrams.
- Must know local plumbing codes and be able to apply them in a practical manner on each job.
- Must be capable of performing plumbing techniques such as soldering, pipe threading, drain cleaning, fixture installation, gas leak testing and repair.
- 3 years of service plumbing experiencing through Technical or Vocation Trade School
- 3 years of experience servicing and installing hydronic/radiant baseboard, hot water heat systems or equivalent experience through Technical or Vocational Trade School
Must be able to read and write English well enough to read and prepare invoices time sheets and proposals.
Must be able to successfully complete mathematical aptitude evaluation.
Must be capable of applying sound business judgment to all decisions.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Vocational degree preferred.
- Journeyman Plumber License preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly requires sitting, walking, bending, and lifting for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands feet and fingers to handle or feel objects and must be capable of bending, reaching, and crouching. Able to handle or feel objects and use tools and equipment and must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, climbing and crawling.
- Must have command of all five senses sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position will require working indoors and outdoors in various climate conditions ranging from very cold with snow to perfect dry summer climates. This includes attics, crawl spaces, and confined locations. The employee may be called upon to be in customer or service production sites on an as need to basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Typical workweek is eight (8) to ten (10) hour workdays five (5) days per week with regular weekend on-call shifts every 4th or 5th week, as well as early and/or late weekday meetings with customers and staff personnel as needed.
- This position deals with aggressive personalities in a competitive industry and can be stressful.
Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating provides a competitive, performance based salary that includes a base and plus commission (based on billable hour efficiency) from $27/hour to $45/hour. Benefits include health insurance, company profit sharing, paid time off, a company vehicle, cell phone, company paid uniforms and cell phone.