Water Softeners For Grand and Routt CountyIn Colorado, water from underground sources can often collect dissolved minerals from the rocky soil. These minerals make the water “hard”. Hard water is water that has a high mineral content. The simplest way to determine the hardness of water is to have Grand Lake Plumbing & Heating perform a free water test. This test will show the exact level of harness and allow our service advisors to recommend the system best matched for your home.
We recommend a water test if you notice any of these changes in your water:
- Bitter taste in the water
- Unpleasant odors
- Water spots or cloudiness on dishes and glassware
- Scratchy, stiff laundry
- Scale buildup on showers and sinks
- Stains in showers, toilets, and sinks
- Less water pressure
- Your skin will feel softener after a shower or bath
- Faucets, tubs and showers are easier to clean
- After washing, towels and clothes come out brighter and softer
- Dishes come out cleaner with fewer water spots.